For the few followers that I have, in case you were wondering, no I am not dead. I really do not have an excuse for my leave of absence, so lets try and leave off where we were.
Lately, I have been reading less and less more books. I am really trying to murder my TBR, but either laziness or lack of motivation is stopping me from doing so. At the moment, I am actively reading “Windfall” by: Jennifer E. Smith. I am enjoying it so far. I have never read a book that had to do with winning a lottery or that has a theme similar to “money cannot buy everything.”
I am buddy reading this with a friend, so it may take a while longer to read, but it gives me time to focus on my reading slump.
Here are the books I am reading and the lame excuses I could come up with:
- “The Shining” by: Stephen King– No excuse really…. just its length maybe? Really love the story though so I do not see why I am holding back.
- “All the Light We cannot see” by: Anthony Doerr– I am not a crazy historical fiction girl. I rarely read these books and it is taking me QUITE some time to adjust to this one. I am also waiting for the audio book version on OverDrive….
- “Have a Nice Day (Anna Bloom, #2) ” by: Julie Halpern– I have completely been lazy. I have been listening to so many audio books alone that I have become accustomed to them. Now, reading a whole book seems like a tedious task to me! That hurts to say.
- “Juvie” by: Steve Watkins– Another lazy read for me. I also am not enjoying this book quite too much. Especially since i started reading it through a CD audio book and the voice went SUPER slow. I am planning on re-reading this from the physical book to get the real feel for it.
- “Burned” by: Ellen Hopkins– I have no complaints about this one. I pick it up whenever I can. Car rides, airplane trips, waiting rooms. Really when I don’t have technology to distract me.
- “City Girl, Country Vet (Talyton St George, #1)” by: Cathy Woodman– Same excuse as above. This book is one I have been wanting to read for a while and I am really liking it so far.
- “Fangirl” by: Rainbow Rowell– Okay, this one is a legitimate excuse. I was listening to the audio book on OverDrive and my loan time ran out. Let me say that I had this book on hold for approximately 4 months. Way to waste your 21 loaning period Aishah…..
- “A Dog’s Purpose (A Dog’s Purpose, #1) ” by: W. Bruce Cameron– Read the paragraph above…..
- And last, but definitely not least….” Windfall” by: Jennifer E. smith– Not currently part of my reading slump. Just waiting on a friend to return from her vacation to continue reading along.
Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen. A full list of excuses of why I haven’t been reading. I really want to stay on top of this blog. I want to be truthful when I say I will post once a week.
For now, this is all I have. Till next time loyal friends!